Saturday, January 23, 2010

Coming In for the Kill







We're back in Burlington, Iowa to pick up my sister-in-law and mother-in-law from their train trip out West and of course we had to pay a visit to Lock and Dam #18 - the location where I got my last Eagle picture. It was a bit after noon, foggy, and a bit misty, and the Eagles weren't as plentiful as the last trip - but, there were two!!

There were plenty of gulls fishing but when the Eagles came out and they got out of the way. I took this photograph seconds before his feet hit the water. He came up empty, but it was great fun to watch. I watched, and waited for over an over and got a variety of different photos.

We're staying with our friends the Jones (thanks Tom and Lin) and if you note the time of this post it's early - I hope to perhaps catch a cardinal or two this morning...
(Click on the photo to view a larger image).

4 comments:

  1. These are fantastic shots of the eagle, Robert!!! Love the first one with wings spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, awesome photo's Robert!!!
    You got your EAGLES again!!!!! woo hooo

    ReplyDelete