Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snowy Tunnel


I was driving around yesterday and came across this view - a gorgeous winter tunnel. Winter may be cold - but it does provide some beautiful opportunities for photographs.
(Click on the photograph for a larger image).

I also caught a glimpse of an eagle - I was driving the wrong type of vehicle to get any closer, so using my 400 mm lens I took this photo of what appears to be a female eagle. I'm still looking for that perfect eagle photo, but this is a start (at least I saw one).
(Click on the photo to view a larger image).

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo's Robert!
    Go to Lake Red Rock....we seen 8 eagles there last year during a visit to Iowa at Thanksgiving time. An older fisherman told us the colder the weather the more eagles. Go to the dam and walk around to the right. I bet you will see them and with a 400mm lens...wow the pics you will get. I only had a 200mm lens when I got great pics. YOu will get AWESOME pics..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely view of a snowy drive!
    So cool you got a shot of an eagle!

    ReplyDelete