Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wet Leaf Advisory


Yesterday morning as I was listening to the weather report the weather lady gave a "Wet Leaf Advisory". Now I've got to say in my 58 years I have heard of rain advisory, snow advisory, fog advisory, hail advisory, winter storm advisory - but, never, that is NEVER - have I ever heard of a wet leaf advisory. I know the announcer and the weather lady had good intentions of reminding us that there was a vast amount of wet leaves in the road and that they were slippery if you tried to stop quickly. It just hit my funny bone and I must have giggled a good ten minutes - I guess I'm still giggling...
(Click on the photo to view a larger image of the wet leaves).

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I poked fun at the "advisory" when I heard it, but, hey, I actually slipped on wet leaves yesterday and nearly went down - so, heads up, wet leaves ARE slippery...they should announce it more often...

    ReplyDelete