Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Where I grew Up: Then and Now


I grew up on this farm until I was 10 years old (1961). This picture is from 1946.


I recently had the opportunity to meet the current owner of the farmstead and she invited me back to visit the old place. The first thing I noticed is that the rooms felt MUCH smaller than I remember. I imagine it's because I was a lot smaller. The owners are remodeling the entire house and I know my folks would be pleased. My dad is the one who initially added electricity and indoor plumbing to the place. Times have changed...


My dad and uncle built this fireplace in the 1950s - they would be pleased to know that it still works and is being used.
(Click on a photo to view a larger image).

1 comment:

  1. Robert, that is so cool. It really hasn't changed much from the outside!
    It is nice that the new owners let you look around a bit and take photo's!!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete