Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cardinals


Gorgeous cardinals all over. Tom and Linn live on an acreage and have been feeding the birds for a long time. In Waterloo I'm lucky if I see one cardinal a YEAR and trying to get a photograph is, well, as difficult as my getting an Eagle picture has been. But, yesterday I saw so many cardinals, male and female, that I was like a kid in a candy store with only a dime to spend - what do I shoot (photographically)? We're in Iowa so this is heaven and this acreage certainly reflects that beauty.

(Click on a photo to view a larger image).

2 comments:

  1. Great photo's Robert.
    I am glad some Cardinals visited you!!
    Can't wait till you get your EAGLE photo!!
    Take care and keep warm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, how beautiful!! My grandsons and I put out birdseed a couple of weeks ago -- on the bag it has a picture of a bluebird, wren, and cardinal -- Jake has been asking every day if a "Cardinals' bird" (AZ Cardinals football team!) has come to our bird feeder yet -- I need to show him your pictures when he comes over...a neighborhood cat has been keeping our birds away, I'm afraid...

    ReplyDelete